Master of Public Health (MPH)
Faculty of Health Sciences
The Master of Public Health (MPH) degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for public health leaders. Public health incorporates multiple disciplines ranging from basic medical sciences to highly specialized public health subjects. Hamdard University educates and trains future public health leaders for Bangladesh and beyond through its MPH degree program. The program instills a broad public health perspective in the students by helping them acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes, and technical and managerial competence applicable to local, national, regional, and global settings. The program contributes to the global endeavor to achieve the objective of “Health for All” envisioned by the World Health Organization (WHO).
The MPH program accepts students from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds including those with medical education and training; health service professionals; healthcare service providers; social scientists; and experts in any discipline who have worked in national healthcare systems, international agencies,or NGOs. The MPH program incorporates the latest UGC standard syllabus guidelines. An optimal sequencing of courses, community based practical experiences, and laboratory research opportunities enable students to define their focus area of study.
Candidates having MBBS/ BDS/ MD/ DVM/ Physiotherapy/ Occupational therapy/ 4-year BSc in Nursing/ BAMS/ BUMS/ BHMS or any equivalent degree in Medical/ Health Sciences from a recognized University/ Institution can apply.
- A Master degree in Health/ Biological Science, Science, Environmental Science and Social Science from a recognized university or accredited institution of higher education with preferably at least two (02) yearsof working experience in the health or social development sectors;
- 3- or 4-year Bachelor degree in Health/ Biological Sciences, Science, Environmental Science and Social Science from a recognized University or accredited institution of higher education with preferably three (03) years of working experience in the health and or social development sectors;
- 3- or 4-year BSc degree in Medical/ Dental technology from any recognized institution with preferably three (03) years of working experience in the health or social development sectors;
- Bachelor/ Master degree holders other than specified above are eligible for admission subject to having job experience, preferably 05 years in health or social development sectors;
- Students must have passed HSC/ A-level or equivalent examinations and secured at least second division or GPA 2.5 in each of the examinations. But aggregate number of the two examinations must not be less than GPA 6. Descendants of Freedom Fighters require minimum GPA 5 in aggregate of the two examinations. In graduate level examination, a student must have secured minimum GPA 2;
- In case of O-Level and A-Level categories, students must have secured 'B' Grade or GPA 4 in each of the four subjects out of seven, and C Grade or GPA 3.5 in each of the rest three subjects; and
- Students who passed GED (General Education Development) must have secured 410 marks in each of the courses (5 courses) separately out of 800 marks with an average 450 marks.