Hamdard University Bangladesh is an independant private academic institution. Hamdard University Bangladesh attaches top priority to maintain a healthy academic atmosphere in the campus. Students of HUB are expected to cooperate to reach this goal to enhance their academic achievements, maintaining discipline, keeping the campus clean and being good neighbors and model of good citizen.
The academic rules and regulations regarding studying at University provide detailed information concerning class attendance, examination guidelines, studentsâ€™ dress, disciplinary matters etc. Students are advised to abide by the rules and regulations strictly.
Students are required to complete their registration formalities for enrollment in the coming Semester. Without registration no student will be allowed to attend the classes and it will be considered that the student is absent from the Semester. Every student must register in-person.
- Registration forms are available at the registration office.
- Completed registration form must be submitted to the office with the payment receipt as a proof that 100% of the registered course fee incurred by registration has already been paid to the university.
- No registration form will be received without payment receipt.
All students in the undergraduate and graduate programmes will receive advisement prior to registration for each trimester. The program advisor will declare courses for different batches and programs before registration and advice students for their convenience. It is the responsibility of each student to comply with degree requirements and general regulations of registration.
If any course has prerequisite course(s), every student has to complete that course(s) before taking the course. Without the completion of the prerequisite course(s), students will not be allowed to take the course any way.
To the modern world, proficiency in English is essential. So every student of University must acquire proficiency in English. Taking this into account, University offers two compulsory English courses for all undergraduate students to create in them a sound working and technical knowledge of English.
A student is expected to attend all the classes in each course. Maximum 20% absence in a course in one semester may be exempted under genuine situation. It is the responsibility of the student to keep the course teacher informed regarding absence from classes. A student may be dropped from a course for absence from three consecutive classes without sufficient reasons. It would be the responsibility of the course teacher to announce the attendance policy at the beginning of the semester. The course teacher will determine the manner by which, assignments or examinations missed by students, may be made up. If a student fails to attend at least 75% of the classes he/she will have to take the course again by readmission with the next batch of students.
1. The course-teacher shall provide the students a course outline indicating the list of textbooks to follow, probable dates of in-course tests and home assignments.
2. The Academic Committee will monitor the progress of the course by sitting together at least once in a month, prepare the in-course examination schedule and conduct the examination. For final examination the course teacher will follow the central academic calender.
3. Result of each semester will be published within a maximum period of 4 weeks from the date of last examination of the trimester final.
Before moving towards specialization/concentration every student has to complete the core and foundation courses designed for him or her. For Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BBA), a student must complete core courses before taking any specialization course. On the completion of the designed curriculum, he/she will be guided and provided with the permission of choosing one of the specialized areas. For Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA) a student must complete foundation and core courses before taking any specialization.
For improving studentâ€™s skill and competence by earning supervised practicalexperience and, in addition, to enable them to demonstrate maturity and acceptable professional, personal and interpersonal attitude, University facilitates every student with internship or taking up an innovative project for 3-6 months under the supervision of a teacher. On the completion of the required curriculum, a student must apply for internship/project to the office at least a semester earlier mentioning that he/she is going to internship/project on the next semester.
After the completion of internship/project, the student will have to submit a report on his/her internship/project and the supervisor will review his/her programmee. Grade point will be awarded on the recommendation of the supervisor.
- Without properly pinned ID card
- Wearing a t-shirt or chemise
- Wearing jeans
- Wearing unclean clothes
- Wearing half-pant or full face veil
- Putting on sponge slippers
- Put on a clean and decent dress as a proud student of Hamdard University Bangladesh.
- All students must carry the ID card while in campus
- Students must not wear jeans, half/three quarters pants, full-face veil or sponge slippers.
Students are advised to strictly observe the following code of conduct while using the library facilities of the University:
- Students users must observe silence while in the library. All sorts of non-academic discussion and making unnecessary noise must be avoided
- Keep all the library belongings in order and arrange the chairs before leaving
- Eating and drinking inside the library are strictly prohibited
- Handle the books and other reading materials carefully
- Students found hiding or stealing books and other library materials, tearing out pages of books/journals would be subject to severe punishment.
- Students can borrow books from the library against library card and return the book in good condition. If the book is not in good condition, the librarian may ask the student to pay the price of the book to replace it.
Students of HUB are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the University. Violation of any â€˜rules and regulationsâ€™ by any student may result in committing an offense as determined by the Disciplinary Committee of the university and appropriate disciplinary a chain will be taken in accordance with the rules and regulations of Hamdard University Bangladesh.