Eligibility for Admission
Application Form, Admission Instructions, Prospectus of the University and other related information are available at the Admission Office on the Hamdard University Campus by paying a fee of Tk. 300.
Completed Application must be submitted to the Admission Office within the announced deadline. Admission form and related information are also available and can be downloaded from the University website: www.hamdarduniversity.edu.bd.
A complete application includes:
- Completed Application Form
- Two recent passport size color photographs, duly attested
- Attested copies of Certificates and Mark Sheets of all previous Examinations
- Testimonial/ Letter of Recommendation from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Attested copy of National Identity Card/ Birth registration certificate/ Valid Passport
For eligibility of admission into an undergraduate program of Hamdard University Bangladesh, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in SSC and HSC exams separately. Or O-Level in five subjects and A-Level in two subjects with a GPA of 3 at each level. In case of GPA 2.00 in one of the SSC or HSC Exam, the total GPA will have to be 6.0.
- Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different form SSC/ HSC or O/ A levels will be considered for equivalence by the University on a case to case basis.
- Candidates for BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) must have Physics and Mathematics at HSC or A-level.
- Candidates for BSc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and BSc in Mathematics must have Mathematics at HSC or A-level.
- Candidates with break of study of more than two years will have to apply separately stating a valid cause of break of study.
- Candidates for BUMS & BAMS must have Biology & Chemistry at HSC or 'A' Level.
For eligibility of admission into a graduate program of Hamdard University Bangladesh, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A total of 15 years of study in school and college level and at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or second division in SSC, HSC and Bachelor or equivalent degrees.
- Alternatively, HSC-Letter grades/ O-Level (in five subjects) and A-Level (in two subjects with a GPA of 2.5 or above),
- Candidates with third division or less than CGPA of 2.00 at any level of education are noteligible to apply.
Only tuition fees will be refunded to a student who withdraws from a semester after registration according to the following rules:
- 100% within seven days from the day classes begin
- 75% within 16 days from the day classes begin
- 50% within 23 days from the day classes begin
- No refund after 23 days
- Admission and other fees are not refundable.
The University encourages and welcomes foreign nationals who have secured good marks in equivalent qualifying examinations. Preference will be given to candidates who have secured considerably higher percentile ranking in SAT/ GMAT/ GRE or equivalent exams. Such applicants need to:
- Apply on the downloaded prescribed admission form given on the website.(www.hamdarduniversity.edu.bd).
- Have passed the examination in the concerned subject as per eligibility requirement of a particular program with good academic record from a university/ education board recognized by her/ his country.
- Enclose a fee of US $ 100 (one hundred) through International Money-order or bank draft in favour of Hamdard University Bangladesh, a copy of her/ his Passport, clearance from her/ his foreign office, and a certificate of source of finance for her/ his study with the application.